Since it was such a beautiful day I was dying to get to the ocean shore. When Lily woke up we decided to check out the beach a couple of train stops down from our usual stop. We got off at Miurakaigan and found our way to the ocean! With the wind chill, it was freezing!
We were scared to press this button, hoping it would change the sign for the crosswalk. Matt was saying to himself "Across the street button or self destruct button?" We pressed it anyways and made our way back across the street!
We were freezing and wanted to warm up before heading home so we stopped at this little coffee shop.
There was absolutely no English on the menu and the waiter spoke no English either! He came to see what we would like to order, and I said "coffee?" He pointed toward the top left column of the menu all of which was written in Kanji (Japanese writing). I randomly pointed at the 3rd line from the top and said, "two?" as I held up two fingers. He nodded, and left. We hoped I had ordered us coffee!
The coffee was great! After we warmed up we made our way back to the train station. Lily got home, ate some dinner, and took a warm bath.
We had a great little adventure today thanks to the sunshine, Matt's day off, and my desire to get to the beach! We definitely will return to Miurakaigan, hopefully on a warmer day. I included one last picture of Lily in her Valentine's Day pajamas that my mom and dad mailed her.
No comments:
Post a Comment