The guys have been working so much, so us girls planned a great night out! We left the babies and kids at home with their daddies and tried out this great Japanese restaurant in downtown Yokosuka. I believe it was called ChuBo. We walked in and were led up some narrow stairs to a table. We removed our shoes as you do in Japan, and were seated on cushions!
While we looked through the menu, we were served these interesting things. They tasted kind of like rice cakes, and there was a type of fish cream spread for the top. Not bad! Mikaela refers to them as "surfboards." So, we ate our surboards while we decided on what to order, thank goodness for the English menu. We decided to order a bunch of different Japanese dishes and pass them all around so we could try a lot of different types of food!
This was some potato salad that we mixed up with a BIG STICK! I usually am not a fan of potato salad, but this I liked!
Moving to Japan, I knew I would have to attempt the raw fish thing. I wasn't too thrilled about the idea. I had eaten one bite at the Space Needle in Seattle, and it had good flavor, but I could seem to get over the texture. My second try was tonight. I discovered if you pop it in your mouth, and swallow pretty quickly, you can enjoy the flavor without focusing on the texture. I think I like it. Especially when you wash it down with Chu hi!
Here is another dish we tried...
Seeing these noodles makes me laugh! So the waitress brings us these noodles, which yes were warm thank goodness! The noodles were served separately from the sesame seeds, as well as some sauce I believe. Naturally, we put the noodles in the bowl and put the seeds on top and thought nothing of it. When the waitress came back, she looked confused, and was trying to explain something to us. Then she showed us that we are supposed to grind up the seeds in the bowl before adding the noodles and mixing! Who would have known! She was sweet though and helped us out!
Mikaela, myself, and Ashley
Brandy, Harmony, and Mallory
This guy was pretty good at speaking English, and we found out they were in their early 20s. He informed me that supposedly I look like Avril Lavigne. I've never gotten that one before! It must have been the hair and the jewelry. What can I say, maybe "he's just a skater boy."
I ended the night with a goodnight kiss for my favorite stone trumpeter on Blue Street! I so much enjoyed a much needed girls night!

No comments:
Post a Comment