Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Japanese Cochroach!!!!! SICK!

I was at my friend Mikaela's house, putting away my jewelry from the jewelry party the day before. Lily was playing with Miley and Mikaela was making some sandwiches in the kitchen, when all of the sudden she SCREAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I jumped and looked at her with wide eyes as she squealed again. I looked at what she was looking at. There was a GIGANTIC BUG. I have never ever before in my life seen a bug just like that. I went and picked up Lily who started to cry when she saw the look of disgust on my face! I guess I will have to work on that look because my poor baby girl hadn't seem me look that way before! She was more scared of my face than the bug! It looked like a cochroach to me, similar to the little ones I've seen in Dallas. But this was no little bug. We were contemplating what to do with it. Mikaela's first instinct was to smash it. That would have been a good idea, but for some reason I started playing the what if game...... "What if it's guts go everywhere, or what if it jumps at you!?" I shouldn't have talked her out of it! Then we remembered that our friend Emily and her husband were home right upstairs because he was on swing shift. I watched Miley, Lily, and the bug while Mikaela ran up and got Chris. Mikaela came back with Chris who was ready to get that little nasty sucker, but it got scared and ran underneath the sink cabinet. At that point Lily was ready to go home for lunch and her nap, so I had to leave my dear friend and her bug. She starred at the kitchen forever until she finally got out of the house. When her hubby returned home that night she had him take off the front of the cabinet to find it, but they never did. Who knows where that thing is now. The moral of the story is kill something that nasty when you first see it, and don't make a face that scares your child.
The End.

I found a picture of our little friend online.
Goodbye forever I hope.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I remember those bugs well from growing up in Hawaii...they are huge!