Time flies by quickly in the life of a toddler! Miss Lily had a big day a couple weeks ago as we said goodbye to the "Binkie." I tried the gradually trimming of it for a couple nights but it was torturing the poor girl, so I had to get it over with! We had a "Bye Bye Binkie Party" on the beach. We tied Binkie to a set of 3 balloons and let Lily hold onto it. We told her that when she let go, it was gone. She did and waved goodbye. I'm so proud of my big girl. She did wake up in the middle of the night upset. All she would say was "Ohhhhhh Nooooooo" over and over, but she remembered it was gone. It took a couple of nights but she is a big girl and was so good about the transition. However...... she is on a HUGE Elmo kick! So the evening we said goodbye to Binkie we drove into San Diego in search of a stuffed Elmo.
On our way into San Diego, we got stuck on the bridge........ Oh the life we lead. We were stuck on the bridge because at the top there was a young man that was getting ready to jump :-( It was aweful. They slowly moved traffic forward and we had a front row view as he was leaning forward and the police officer was trying to talk him out of it. Fortunately we didn't see the outcome. I'm not sure how it turned out.
We ended up with two Elmos, purchased in downtown San Diego. There was a huge Elmo, and a teeny Elmo. We asked Lily to pick, and she pointed at one and hugged it. Then, she pointed at the other and hugged it just as tightly. It was such a huge deal to get rid of the Binkie...... so we gave in and bought them both! Lily calls Elmo....."Momo." Her two favorites now are Baby and Momo.
Here is a sneak peak of Lily in her 18 month pictures.....
We have loved having Matt's parents visiting us for a couple of weeks!
Waving at our favorite ship....
Matt and I got to go aboard the USS Carl Vinson for a cruise..... it was awesome!
Lily is enjoying her new home, and discovering her new friend, the hose :-)
No not in your mouth..... but it was so cute that Matt had to take a picture
Happy 4th of July! One thing I love about Coronado is that it is the most patriotic town I have ever been in! I love it. God Bless America.
Auntie Sarah♥
My favorite part of the parade was getting to see the Pearl Harbor survivors. We made it home just in time for Lily's nap.
This brings us to today. I love my pumpkin more than words can say. I'm so lucky to be her Momma♥



3 comments:
What an awesome job of tellinig of the yupdares and fantastic pictures. They are such beatiful treasures. Thankyou for sharing
What an awesome job of tellinig of the yupdares and fantastic pictures. They are such beatiful treasures. Thankyou for sharing
So good to "see" you again. :) It looks like Chris and John are loving being there with you as is Sarah!
Post a Comment