Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Stop and Smile

Had a great day today! Started off a little hectic but ended with a smile! Took Lily to an appointment, which I almost didn't make it to. You know the feeling of utter panic that rushes over you when you wake up, look at the clock, again and AGAIN not believing the time?! Then you fly out of bed half disoriented and groggy? Yes, I had one of those mornings. For whatever reason, my alarm didn't go off, or I slept through it, or I turned it off and didn't realilze it, but I had one of those rushed mornings. It may of had something to do with Lily waking up more times than normal last night, but, my eyes opened at 8:45am and her appointment was at 9:00 in Silverdale..... a 30 min drive... WHOOPS! Normally, I would just call and cancel the appointment, but the physical therapist drives from Poulsbo to meet us in Silverdale so we don't have to go the entire way there. So I called the office said how late I was and that I just "woke up" lol, and made it there by 9:30am. Let's just say I didn't feel so "lovely" looking but we made it. I had thrown on jeans, and cute top and sweater, my pearl earrings, brushed my teeth and into Lily's room! "Good morning!!!" I said to her as I flung her out of a dead sleep out of her crib and onto my lap to feed her. She just starred at me with big eyes that seemed to say "Whoa Momma?!" I finished feeding her and dressed her super fast (needless to say she didn't wear a matching headband/flower accessory today)! I let Sully out to go potty and back in, grabbed a Clif Bar, and into the carseat and car we went! Holy moly I think that was like record time for me! Thankfully, the physical therapist is super sweet and didn't seem  bothered in the slightest. After my appointment I did my make up in the car (the under eye make up and lip gloss) was not going to cut it for the rest of the day! Next, I met my friend Elise and watched her 2 sweet kids while she had an appointment. I was thinking.... oh I can totally handle 3 kids no problem haha probably because her sweet baby is super mellow and just slept in his carseat while his big sis, Lily, and I watched Nemo on the portable DVD player. I have always wanted 4 kids and this gave me a taste of what it would be like, but lets just say that I think it was way too easy and I know that having 4 really won't be a walk in the park! Elise just must be a great Momma to her cute babies because they were both super good for me. Then, Elise and I had lunch at the Olive Garden and got to catch up and visit. It was so nice to have girl time over lunch. I just LOVE♥ that girl! After lunch, we came home, Lily napped after a busy morning while I worked on laundry caught up on phone calls with Chelsea, Jessie, and my Momma, and everything else. But why I really wanted to blog today was because of what my baby girl did tonight. After her bath and jammies and her little bed time routine, I usually hold her until she falls asleep. Tonight she was "itchey"and just couldn't get comfortable, so I laid her down in her crib while she was still awake and she tossed and turned and scooted until she got comfortable. She ended with her little leg sticking out of the crib completely sideways. I called Matt up to peak and take a picture before I rearranged her into a "safer" position. But, after a busy day, seeing just what position made her comfortable made me stop for a moment and smile........Even, with the craziness and utter exhaustion that can be dissorienting at times, I am reminded how I love the days with my girl.
                                Sometimes just stopping to "smile" is just the best.

                                                                       Little footie

Silly Lily♥

No comments: