So today what such a funny day with the weather. I woke up and it looked like it was going to be a nice day, but then it started raining. I was bummed because I have so much enjoyed some sunshine and the opportunity to go out for walks with Lily in the stroller. We've started taking long walks in the evenings when Matt gets off work so that we all (including Sully) can get some fresh air and exercise. Hank has tried to come too by following us, so now we try to put him inside before leaving. Anyways, Lily loves to be outdoors and is so content. Sometimes she naps while other times she will just stay awake and suck on her pacifier. Well today I knew that Matt would be working late, so I really wanted to head out miday for a walk but the rain put a damper on things. Just when I had given up hope for a nice walk today, the sunshine came out bright and warm. I put on my tennis shoes, loaded Lily up in the stroller and opened the door, and it started to rain AGAIN. This time, I'd had it..... we were going anyways! It takes enough effort to get ready to go and then to not go would be such a waste! So, I decided we'd just walk up to Albertsons and get a couple of things that I needed.... milk, my favorite skinny carmel machiatto coffee creamer, an onion, a sweet potato, and some fresh peas (for making Lily's baby food). I was hoping she might have a better reaction to home made baby food peas verses her initial (YUCKY face) to the jar of peas I had given her a couple days ago. I really don't want my kids to be picky eaters, especially when it comes to veggies so I don't want to give up on the peas just yet! She loves sweet potatoes and avocado so peas can't be that bad!- But they certainly did taste and smell nasty to me out of the jar so I can't blame her! So, we went to Albertsons, got a few things, and I also grabbed my favorite tall decaf white chocolate americano with a little non fat on the top at the Starbucks there. Hoping the weather might get a little better before our walk home, I stopped in this consignment place. I wanted to stop by because the other day on our walk I had noticed another hand made doll house through the window and hadn't had a chance to look at it! So in we went! It was so cute! A lot bigger than the little yellow one I bought there a few weeks ago, but they wanted $89 for it... UGH! But it is so cute, has stairs even! Its kind of delicate, more of a collectors item really, but I thought, like the yellow one how fun it would be to play with when Lily is old enough to be a little gentle. We could play with beanie babies in it, or maybe the little barbie dolls like Skipper or Kellie. I would even be fun for those standing guy toys you can get from happy meals at McDonalds! Anyways.... $89 is too much for the house. I asked the man working there if he takes offers and he said he did, but I wasn't ready to make one today. I'll think about it a while. Next, I did find some cute clothes for me! There was a little boutique section and I found a pair of jean capris, a skirt, 2 shirts that were brand new with tags still on them from Banana Republic and Macys, and a pair of like new Steve Madden sandals. All that and I spent $27! I was feeling super as I walked out of the store and not to mention that it was SUNNY for our walk home! But Lily was so cute when I was at check out in the store! I didn't even notice, but the lady there was like oh look how cute she is with her feet up! I came around to the front of the stroller and sure enough there was Lily all cute and content with her feet propped up on the tray. This was so funny! She kept her feet like this all the way home! I took a picture and texted it to Matt and my Mom. I remided my of watching my own Momma put her feet on the dash of the car, a habit that I have inherited myself, and now my Lily Bug did it all on her own! Awww I LOVE that girl!

This is the doll house I saw at the consignment shop.... sooooo tempting!!!!!!!
Miss Lily with her Feeties up on the stroller! Its only a matter of time before it's the dash of Daddy's pick up!
Close up of those feeties!
"Yucky Peas" Face
No comments:
Post a Comment