Since Lily has been born, I appreciate or at least I realize how much I appreciate the little things. Having a little one around creates so many more things to love! These are a few of the little things I love lately.....
I love Lily's tiny feet. I have tiny feet too so it's something fun we can share. Hers are especially tiny. I love playing "This little piggy...." with them. Also, her pinky toe curls in and almost tucks underneath her other toes, just like mine..
Oh how I love those little piggies.
I love these little red shoes I found at Baby Gap. They were too expensive and I walked away the first time. But came back and thankfully they had them still.
I love how Lily wears a size 0 shoe. On the packages it says that size 0 is for newborn-6 weeks. Lily is 4 months old tomorrow and still wearing size 0! I just love her♥
I love her little white velcro shoes
and her white booties.....
I love that my mom saved my old Nike tennis shoes! They look like they have seen better days but I'm totally putting them on Lily when she's big enough. However they are Size 2 so it could be a while!
I love my little obsession with baby girl accessories! Bow after bow and flower after flower! I decided they were so cute that they needed to be displayed in her room, so I covered a canvas with yellow fabric and tied ribbon onto it to attach her flowers and bows on! Thankfully, my friends Marie and Terrilee taught me how to make my own, so hopefully I won't go broke from purchasing flower/bow accessories!
I LOVE how having a little one around means that I have an excuse to keep toys in the bathroom! Although I think I enjoy them more than Lily at the moment......
I love that having a baby means I get to read and reread all of my FAVORITE children's books! I have shelves of them in my bed room ready for her, as many as I can fit already in her room, and more tubs of books in the garage! But every time I go to Barnes and Noble I seem to think that I need to buy MORE!!
I love that this was my hutch when I was a little girl, my mom painted it white for me and stenciled little pink hearts on it. Before that, I was told it was my Aunt Jan's when she was a little girl and it was pink then. I wonder who made it.... I should ask! Now it is Lily's and Matt painted it BRIGHT pink!
I filled the hutch with books, shoes that she hasn't grown into and stuffed animals. I think I have as many stuffed animals of my own saved for her as I do books!

I LOVE that when Lily and I went for a walk the other day, I stopped by this second hand store with so much junk in it! This lady tried to convince me to buy a cat pole, insisting that cat poles are so expensive and that $69 was a great deal. When I told her, I was just looking, she persisted to tell me that she is not here every day, and I should really think again about buying the cat pole. Thankfully, I didn't leave right away because I found this ADORABLE yellow doll house. I could not take my eyes off it! Not only is it yellow, my favorite color, but it has Bees on it, which I love. I have this box of doll house furniture from when I was a little girl that I never used because we never got my doll house built. So I saved the furniture in a special box. When I came across this doll house it had Lily's name all over it! It's not super sturdy, I'm sure I will have to glue pieces back on that fall off but I can only imagine how much fun we will have playing in it! Thank goodness I had a precious little girl!

I love that I have made such wonderful friends over here. These were from Clark and Mikaela when they came over for dinner the other night! I'm so glad they are home safely from Japan. And again .... yellow! My favorite!
I love candles. I don't know why but this particular candle I bought over a year ago and would no light it because I loved it so much. I wouldn't even light it when the power went out on Valentines day. The other day, I just decided it was time to enjoy it! Why not, I can buy more. But I do love candles....
I love that I still have my Christmas cards on the door to our pantry. I just can't take them down, even though it's almost April. Something about Christmas Cards hanging in my house makes me happy. Oh the little things.
I love drinking my coffee out of my favorite coffee cups. Silly.... maybe. But I always dig through my cubboard to find my favorites. Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Rabbit, Cookie Monster, and the Shopaholic mug Matt bought for me.
I find it amusing that I drink out of only a select few coffee mugs when I have so many that match my dishes that just sit in the cupboard day after day without being touched.
Back to Lily, I do not like that she had to get immunizations at the doctor yesterday, and that she stuck out her bottom lip and cried. But I do love Daffy Duck band aids....
I love that my mom found the perfect flower to make an arrangement out of to match my favorite wedding photo.
I love that having a girl means that she will love Disney movies just as much as I do. We watched Cinderella for the first time the other day. Once again, I think I enjoyed it more than she did!
I love going for walks with my Lily girl. The other day it was cool and sunny. So I put a hat on to keep her head warm, and the sun glasses to keep the sun out of her eyes. On our walk the man in his car did a "double take" and began to smile. I'm sure I would smile too if I saw this baby out for a walk!
I love that having a baby means that I get to listen to all my favorite childhood music over and over again! All I could remember from this CD was "There's a hippo in the bathtub and he's going down the drain oh no he's gone!" Thankfully, my mom remembered that it was by Anne Murray and I was able to order it off of Amazon.
I love that this was my rocking chair when I was little. Raggedy Ann was too. Now, I can't wait to put Lily in this chair!
I love that Matt bought me these flowers last week, just because. He is so good about doing little things like that, even with our crazy busy lives. I wish I could rotate this picture lol! I tried before uploading but it still came out sideways, so turn your computers! :-)
I love that I get to put pictures of my daughter on the wall of our home. Her 3 month pictures turned out so cute I couldn't wait to get them framed! Unfortunately I'm so indecisive sometimes that they just sat there for a week because I couldn't decide where I wanted to hang them! Finally I just made the decision and decided to hang them so I could be enjoying them. My new years resolution, be more decisive lol. I can always move them if I change my mind...
Lastly, I ♥love♥ that we are a family of three ( well 5 if you count the furry critters). I can't imagine life without Matt and Lily. In my Cinderella fairy tale, Matt is my "Dream come true," and Lily is my "Happily Ever After." It may be silly, but I'm a child at heart. Can't wait to turn the page of our storybook. What will tomorrow bring? Oh how I love the little things......
No comments:
Post a Comment